Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sumatra Earthquake


These are e-mails sent to The Star Online from Malaysians who felt the tremors from the Sumatra earthquake on Tuesday.
"I felt the tremors when I was sitting at my work station. I noticed vibrations in the water dispenser and slight movement of a file on my desk." - Meor Anas, 46, engineering executive at the Sungai Selangor water treatment plant.
" I felt the tremors around 11am. I was sitting and yet my chair was swaying. It seemed to last quite long, probably around 10-15 seconds. This is the strongest tremor I've ever felt in the Klang Valley." - Edmund of Mercury Securities, 7th floor, Solaris Mont Kiara.
"I and the students felt the tables shaking and some complained of dizziness." - Teacher Daniel Chin from Kapar.
"After having spent several years in Japan, the tremor 'is just shaky and intermittent' but still quite scary." - Ahmad Badri
"We were having examinations when we were told to leave the building when the tables started shaking." - Inti college student Y.S. Yan
"Somehow I didn't feel much of the tremor but I did realise that things were slightly shaky. For a millisecond, I think, the chair I was sitting on suddenly felt as if I was using the Ogawa ez-Loop machines." - Noni Awang, 21st floor in an office located in Jalan Khidmat Usaha, Kuala Lumpur.
"I was walking up the staircase when I felt a bit dizzy. As soon as I knew something was wrong I ran back downstairs. By then many office workers were already rushing downstairs. Quite scary." - Chong, Putrajaya.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by LEMOT