Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quotes On Mothers Day


Sunday, May 8 is Mother's Day. If you'd like to honor mom but aren't a wordsmith, here are some favorite quotes about moms and mothers to inspire and share.
From films and television:
"It happens to be Mother's Day. Not martyr's day." –Mitchell, Modern Family
"Mama, you worry too much. In fact I never worry 'cause I always know you're worried enough for the both of us." – Shelby, Steel Magnolias
"Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will..." – Birdee Pruitt, Hope Floats
From literature, poems and prose
"Men are what their mothers made them." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." –Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
"It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't." – Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
From prominent figures
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." – Abraham Lincoln
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." – George Washington
"There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created, strengthened and maintained" – Winston Churchill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by LEMOT